× For those interested in the other side of eternity

Religon

• kevinedward1234
  • kevinedward1234's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2019 19:52 - 15 Apr 2019 19:57 #28729 by kevinedward1234
Religon was created by kevinedward1234
I am not religious, I deal with customers who are, through out the years of interacting with people, I find to be true, not always, but at times, religious people are two faced, back stabbing ignorant to intelligence , selfish, greedy , and some other really nasty things I won't mention, type of people.

People I have and deal with on a customer based level, people who just want their car fixed and not try and use their poor me excuses, tend to be better people in life, not needing a crutch to lean on and downgrade others, tend to be just that, hard working sane people.

What I am driving at is , too often I see people who are of a religious belief, be some of the nastiest people when it comes to money and honesty!

In my opinion, people use religion as a way to feel better about themselves on Sunday or Wednesday, and lie steal , cheat, do whatever during the rest of the week.

One bit of text I do find of interest is , let ye without sin cast the first stone, I probably got that somewhat wrong, but close enough!

Just an opinion, thanks for reading!
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 19:57 by kevinedward1234. Reason: Wanted to add a bit of text I find interesting!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Massachusetts, USA
More
18 Apr 2019 07:38 #28805 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Religon
I've shared some of your observations in dealing with people, and found little use for religion in my personal life. That's not to say that there is no value in religion however.
I like to think that I have my head on pretty straight, and that my moral compass is more or less aligned.
I think that on a larger sampling of individuals, you'll find cheats and liars from all walks of life. Hypocrites pervade our society on all levels, and it's a shame that they dilute groups of people dedicated to charity and helping fellow man. That hypocrisy perhaps stands out in greater contrast in people who outwardly lable themselves according to their religion, but a majority of people are disappointing regardless of Creed.
Some people are genuinely good, generous people. When you find a rare, selfless individual who also is religious, it's a compliment to their personality. It's more than feeling good about yourself on Sunday, it's more about helping other people who are having a hard time seeing the positive things in life, or just need a hand through a rough patch of road.
That's my model of faith. Though I feel alone at times in a sea of immorality, I know that I am as good as I can be. Not for God nessicarily, but for other people who share my view and struggles.

"Learn, apply, repeat."
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinedward1234

More
18 Apr 2019 15:09 #28819 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic Religon
if you look at the characters in bible they were harlots murders thieves and tax collectors and other types of people it comes back to character and do we trust him enough to let him forge it if not that's ok eternity is a long time so im not gonna worry about what people think to much I have known jesus since I was six it is a belief you will never see anything for me he has been with me no matter what and it his goodness that will lead men to repentance and lords knows I have some repenting to do I don't want to go into next life wanting for a savior when he was there the whole time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, kevinedward1234

• ScannerDanner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Religion says do, Jesus says done!
More
26 Apr 2019 08:44 #29025 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Religon

kevinedward1234 wrote: I am not religious, I deal with customers who are, through out the years of interacting with people, I find to be true, not always, but at times, religious people are two faced, back stabbing ignorant to intelligence , selfish, greedy , and some other really nasty things I won't mention, type of people.

People I have and deal with on a customer based level, people who just want their car fixed and not try and use their poor me excuses, tend to be better people in life, not needing a crutch to lean on and downgrade others, tend to be just that, hard working sane people.

What I am driving at is , too often I see people who are of a religious belief, be some of the nastiest people when it comes to money and honesty!

In my opinion, people use religion as a way to feel better about themselves on Sunday or Wednesday, and lie steal , cheat, do whatever during the rest of the week.

One bit of text I do find of interest is , let ye without sin cast the first stone, I probably got that somewhat wrong, but close enough!

Just an opinion, thanks for reading!

I wish I could say that I am surprised. "Religious people" can absolutely be the worst! The main reason, at least in the Christian faith, is these people are only "Christians" by name. I would challenge that most people who call themselves Christians are not true followers of Christ. As you said, they go to church on Sundays or holidays to somehow pay their dues, then live their lives in a way that can be even worse than a non-religious person for the rest of the week! These types of people are NOT Christians. In fact I don't even call myself a Christian anymore because it means nothing in this day and age. I call myself a follower of Jesus Christ when someone asks me what my faith is.
Someone who truly knows and loves Jesus does not act this way (Sunday only, then live however, the rest of the week). Everyday is a day where I want to walk closer to God, I want to be kind and forgiving and compassionate. Following Him and His examples makes me want to help others, to love them and care for them. These are the marks of a true believer. I am willing to bet, you've just not met very many true believers and I hope that you can see one in me.
I am not perfect, not by any means. I still fall short in so many circumstances, but God is not finished refining me yet.

There is a reason why when Jesus spoke to the religious leaders at the time that He said...broad is the way that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few there be that find it. You see the broad road that leads to destruction was for the religious people!!! He wasn't talking to people who were atheists, he was talking to the religious elite! The same people you see today as being religious.
Religion is mans attempt to reach God , Jesus is Gods way to reach man.
Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate it. Hope you have a blessed day.
Paul

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, kevinedward1234, chief eaglebear, Columbus450

More
26 Apr 2019 10:01 - 26 Apr 2019 10:14 #29030 by Columbus450
Replied by Columbus450 on topic Religon
^^ this is absolutely true , Dead on the head with truth , I am a follower of Jesus Christ a born again Christian,I do not like religion matter-of-fact I was forced to practice the Catholic religion as a child Until God woke me up as an adult and pulled me away from the bondage of religion, I stay far away from it ,religion does not get people saved But only a personal relationship with Jesus Christ does

And I absolutely 100% agree many lukewarm Christians And other religious people go to church for one reason is just to make them feel good and then they are back to the same old fake selves , And it’s a sad sad thing they do not describe or represent us believers in Jesus and followers they do not know the Lord Jesus they only go to the motions of man-made religion .

Sounds like to me you have not met a true follower of Christ but if you have you would have felt God‘s love through them, and they would not be any of the above mentioned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 26 Apr 2019 10:14 by Columbus450.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Noah, kevinedward1234

• kevinedward1234
More
01 May 2019 16:56 #29173 by kevinedward1234
Replied by kevinedward1234 on topic Religon
Right on, some people do need it to better themselfe's and that is great!

• kevinedward1234
More
01 May 2019 17:03 #29174 by kevinedward1234
Replied by kevinedward1234 on topic Religon
Paul, thank you for all you do!!!!!!!!!! You do help many, I really do appreciate your time to write and for me to read, thank you.

I still have to sort out my paypal issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Noah

More
20 Aug 2019 11:31 #32997 by simclardy
Replied by simclardy on topic Religon
Interesting post, and one that has been contemplated by the great philosophers and theologians. I think it is two easy to dismiss "bad" Christians as, "not true Christians". If we want to claim that a group or statement of faith, or a label like born again means something in the spiritual world, then we have to own those that belong to the group. At this point i have thrown overboard most of the labels i thought meaningful. Shakespeare wrote, a rose by any other name, smell just as sweet. I believe there are roses in the Muslim faith, the atheist "non faith", Christian faith etc. In other words, i do believe in truth, and faith, and goodness, but i try not to worry about categorizing people and focus on how i can do better today, for my family, neighbors, and father.

I completely agree, nothing worse than a self righteous prig! And i know i can be one. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• ScannerDanner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 Aug 2019 12:29 #33260 by ScannerDanner
There is a difference though, every single religion was created for ways that man can gain access to God. For man to work and earn his salvation. There is only one "religion" if you want to call it, where God says to man, that you cannot ever earn it, you can never be good enough to meet my standards, so I will send my son to pay the penalty of sin, which is death. He came and died and rose again so that we may live! So then we are free in Christ! We do good deeds out of the gratitude of our heart, not out of obligation to gain salvation. There is no other religion that is like this, they are NOT all the same.
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.

Notice, Jesus didn't say the he was A way, but THE way. There is only one path, there is only one absolute truth, there is salvation in no other "religion"
As my avatar says "Religion says do, Jesus says done"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Andy.MacFadyen, Columbus450

More
30 Aug 2019 21:42 - 31 Aug 2019 09:19 #33309 by simclardy
I believe in one truth, but if you raised your kids to believe that Jesus was a troll that stole kids in the night we would laugh at the notion. What we know and believe about Jesus is influenced by those before us like Augustine, Martin Luther etc. Wether or not we ever studied the work of these men. You could add many philosophers and "non- Christians" that have shaped our understanding.
I know you believe that Jesus wants a personal relationship. I think this is the best way to know a "rose" when you come across one. Just because a man wears a robe does not mean he is closer to God. In fact the man with humility who cries and beats his chest in shame, Jesus said he is much closer than the man who fasts 2 times a week and gives a tithe of all that he has. My point is, if we are to know Jesus by some document, or creed he would have written one. We are talking about God in flesh deciding it was pointless to write down anything! I know you are for real Paul, not because you say you are but because i think i can tell. You are taking the truth you know and you are trying to get closer. This is what i strive for. Im not worried about hell, I'm worried about the things that separate me from the Father, my wife, my kids, my community, the animals that live in my attic and crawl space (old house), nature, everything real and true. Any way, appreciate you. Cheers

Last edit: 31 Aug 2019 09:19 by simclardy.

More
31 Aug 2019 04:07 - 31 Aug 2019 07:59 #33312 by Columbus450
Replied by Columbus450 on topic Religon
First of all, Do you not know that Jesus did write everything down ?
Sure he did not ink it with his hands but it is all of God’s words Given to men’s hands to ink down from the holy spirit of God.. and every word he spoke in his holy Bible matches up perfectly on one accord.
The person you describe is not just an ordinary man matter fact you don’t have a correct understanding of who Jesus was and what he has done, and what he wants for his people , I suggest you read the New Testament in the kjv Bible, matter fact people who have had no opportunity to have his words he has spoken to them through their hearts, by humbly searching and questioning him through prayer he will show you he is the truth and the Lord of the heavens , people from other countries are being saved daily and witnessing Jesus in their lives for the first time
You don’t just have to tythe money and Fast to be closer to him although fasting is good , not true, he wants your love and trust ! Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And by the way the only thing that can separate you from the father is “YOU” not your family your children Community or your dogs bless you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 31 Aug 2019 07:59 by Columbus450.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
31 Aug 2019 07:39 #33315 by simclardy
They will know you by how you treat one another...... as you do to the least of these you do unto me. If you disrespect my wife and kids you disrespect me. Our father must feel the same way.
Im sure i don't understand Jesus clearly but some day i will. My king James is like a wavey mirror, but then i will see him face to face. God bless

• ScannerDanner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Sep 2019 23:48 #33495 by ScannerDanner
Your first sentence you are completely discounting the work of the Holy Spirit. @Columbus450 summed it up well for me and thank you for your reply at the end too. It was not combative and I appreciate this a lot. We do not have to all agree on these things to respect and listen to each other.

The following user(s) said Thank You: simclardy

• Noah
  • Massachusetts, USA
More
09 Sep 2019 07:24 #33502 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Religon

ScannerDanner wrote: We do not have to all agree on these things to respect and listen to each other.

Exactly!

"Learn, apply, repeat."
The following user(s) said Thank You: simclardy

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.701 seconds