× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Chevy Cruze w/1.8l engine ABS PROBLEM

• Richard6767
  • Richard6767's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2021 21:18 #52738 by Richard6767
Replied by Richard6767 on topic 2011 Chevy Cruze w/1.8l engine ABS PROBLEM
Codes in order. 1 through 5. C0050-06, C0045-06, C0800-03, U0140-71 and the original C0050-5A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard6767
More
23 Nov 2021 21:56 #52739 by Richard6767
Replied by Richard6767 on topic 2011 Chevy Cruze w/1.8l engine
Pics as promised.

• Richard6767
More
24 Nov 2021 07:45 #52746 by Richard6767
Unable to upload pics. I’ll list codes in order with description. (1/5) C0050-06 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit-Low Voltage/Open. (2/5) C0045-06 Left Rear-Low Voltage/Open. (3/5) C0800-03 Control Module Power Circuit-Low Voltage. (4/5) U0140-71 Lost Communication With Body Control Module-Invalid Data. (5/5) The original [(C0050-5A) Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit-Not Plausible.

In the right rear wheel well is another connector that I suspect could be the ABS harness considering it has multiple wires and a pigtail comes out of it going to the right rear wheel speed sensor. Haynes repair manual wiring diagram doesn’t appear to cover ABS wiring.

• Tyler
  • You don't scare me, I fix CHRYSLERS
More
25 Nov 2021 12:25 #52766 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2011 Chevy Cruze w/1.8l engine ABS PROBLEM

In diagnosing this problem I believe I've shorted out body control module. Pictures to follow, have an idea of where to start. Not sure where to start. Thinking Body Control Module.

The BCM? :huh: Why, because of the U0140? Or, are there new symptoms now?

Clear ALL codes and see who comes back.

• Richard6767
More
25 Nov 2021 17:01 #52771 by Richard6767
I tried to do the bypass using the voltage from the wiring I wound up getting 0 voltage in every scenario, that’s why I thought I’d shorted the BCM. I’d erased the codes yesterday and did about a 20 mile trip for Thanksgiving one way and now I’m back at the original code of C0050-5A. Just trying to figure out how to manipulate my external power source for the bypass, I have an ES2500 BOOSTER PAC. Use the power port or positive cable on the clip of my incandescent test light. I don’t have ABS live data capability on my Innova 5210 so I have do this through my Everstart 10709 WDI Digital Multimeter.

More
Yesterday 08:25 - Yesterday 08:28 #52775 by Noah
As mentioned before, the symptoms point to a damaged tone wheel in my opinion. The open circuit codes would likely come right back after clearing if there was an open circuit/sensor.
Because it takes some driving and sets a plausibility code leads me to believe that the tone wheel has debris or damage or some similar fault. Possibly even rust/corrosion jacking under the sensor effecting the air gap.
In any case, without ABS data, you are left with little troubleshooting ability unfortunately, beyond what the code set conditions can tell us.

As far as injecting voltage from an external power source (if I'm reading your post correctly) like a jump pack: 1) I wouldn't ;) You don't have any data to see if you're effecting the circuit, so this test provides little diagnostic value in my opinion.
2) even if you poke every wire with the positive lead of the jumper, if it's just sitting on the floor it's not part of the circuit. Any bypass testing must be done using the cars own power and ground

-Seems to me that I could live my life, a lot better than I think I am.
I guess that's why call me The Working Man.-
Last edit: Yesterday 08:28 by Noah.

• Tyler
More
Yesterday 09:14 #52776 by Tyler
I agree with Noah, you can't use an external source to do any kind of bypass testing on this system. If anything, you learned more about circuit integrity when the C0050-06 code set. :silly: GM digital wheel speed sensor systems are excellent at detecting circuit issues, and your Cruze didn't have one until you unplugged that sensor.

From GM SI:

Note: If any of the symptom codes 0F, 18 or 5A are set, refer to the Diagnostic Fault Information table for possible mechanical faults or conditions.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard6767

• Richard6767
More
Yesterday 11:24 #52778 by Richard6767
With this information that you sent me I feel confident about getting the hub from RockAuto.

• Tyler
More
Yesterday 13:22 #52779 by Tyler

With this information that you sent me I feel confident about getting the hub from RockAuto.

Sweet. B) Let us know how it goes!

• Richard6767
More
Yesterday 13:32 #52780 by Richard6767
Will do

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds