Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Dodge Nitro diesel

More
3 years 2 months ago #45591 by mashili
Replied by mashili on topic Dodge Nitro diesel
Morning! The P0698 is not coming back anymore. The engine is able to crank and fuel is able to the diesel pipes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #45604 by shootingchimp
Replied by shootingchimp on topic Dodge Nitro diesel
CRD injectors are typically controlled by the pcm directly via internal capacitors, (both power and ground) and may show up to 80v when in operation. If all other pcm functionality is normal, very unlikely to be a fuse.
KOEO testing at injector plug may show a nominal low voltage, used by the pcm for circuit integrity testing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mashili

More
3 years 2 months ago #45644 by mashili
Morning! You are very correct because both the power and ground come direct from the ECM to the injectors. I did a voltage test on the powers of the injectors and cylinder 1 and 2 its giving me 0.055v and on cylinder 3 and 4 0.110v.

More
3 years 2 months ago #45664 by BreakerPoints
Replied by BreakerPoints on topic Dodge Nitro diesel
Hi,
are those injectors Bosch with a fuel line from top? Any chance they are piezo injectors and not a solenoid?? How did you check for power and ground at the injectors? I guess you are aware that you shouldn't disconnect piezo during operation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #45671 by mashili
Yes the are piezo bosch injectors. I used a multimeter to do the measurements and I disconnected them when measuring the voltage

More
3 years 2 months ago #45672 by BreakerPoints
If you disconnect piezoelectric injector during engine operation you might end up with a injector stuck in open position and possible made your engine hydrolock. Even poking around with a backprobes leads can do the same, happened to me but no hydrolock luckily.
I think you will need oscilloscope to test them, there is short pulse of voltage on them and it goes up to 200v, but basically you need a amp clamp probe to check them. Approximately amp draw is up to 10A. Dvom can not be used to pick up that fast pulse of a voltage. I am talking generally not about your specific car.

More
3 years 2 months ago #45682 by mashili
Hello! I don't have an oscilloscope yet. Looking for one right now. What other methods can I use

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #45695 by BreakerPoints
I think you are done. Maybe, but just maybe with a noid light (or led) in series with a corresponding resistor and then backprobed to connector. Don't know about other methods. Maybe someone else will shed a light.
There are pids and actuation tests on a bidirectional scanner which comes in handy.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by BreakerPoints.

More
3 years 2 months ago #45764 by mashili
Morning! Tried what you advised it almost worked but the voltage has gone down even when the sockets are plugged in

More
3 years 2 months ago #45869 by mashili
Morning! When I back probe the power wires on injectors while the connectors are connected to the injectors number 1 is giving 0.4255 v, 2 is giving me 0.1250 and 3&4 is giving me 0.2155.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds