Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Jeep sputter after warmup

More
3 years 7 months ago #43048 by Hardtopdr2
Check your fuel injector connectors. If they are not fully seated till clip clicks will cause the p0200 codes and p0300 codes. If they are connected and dont pull free from light tugging then you will need to check the wiring visually for bare exposed wire or broken wires in the harness

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43050 by Nyc2nc82
Replied by Nyc2nc82 on topic Jeep sputter after warmup
I will double check the connections and make sure. Would a messed up wire cause all these different codes?

More
3 years 7 months ago #43053 by Hardtopdr2
A melted/bare/pinched wire(s) would cause the p0200 codes and p0300 codes plus the o2 codes and possibly lean codes. Only if its wires melted together.

I still believe you have multiple issues but we will see what you find.

You must open wiring harness up if fuel injector connecters are firmly seated.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #43173 by Nyc2nc82
Connections seemed pretty secure to me. Have not opened up the harness, honestly pretty nervous to do so.
I do want to point out it’s been pretty cool the last couple days and have not had much of an issue with it. Only did a little bit of chugging after driving for quite a big big it cleared up pretty quickly.
The fuel trims actually looked pretty normal most of the day keeping around 0. They stayed fine most of my way home this evening but noticed bank one was at about +14 at idle when I got back
Flipped around the live data and saw bank one was open loop-fault. And when I looked at the o2 sensor it was a flat line most of the time.
I was able to get it to move while snapping the throttle but it would just go back to almost flat. I did have p0172 bank 1 too rich and p0131 o2 sensor voltage low.
I did not have any drivability issues or any chugging while this was happening. Not sure if it’s important but thought it might be worth mentioning
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Nyc2nc82. Reason: Attaching photos

More
3 years 6 months ago #43254 by ptebo1
Replied by ptebo1 on topic Jeep sputter after warmup
Iv been working at a Chrysler Dealer for a while now. I have seen a handful of harness issues behind the cylinder heads on these Hemi engines. Every one of them was intermittent. Last one I seen was burning up an ignition coil intermittently because it was shorting the control wire to the back of the cylinder head. If this thing was in my bay setting injector circuit dtcs intermittently the first thing I would do is a LIGHT to moderate wiggle test on the harness behind the cylinder heads. Would be helpful to have a scope, maybe use a continuity checker with a buzz function on the affected injector circuit(s) to ground. Good Luck.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43255 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Jeep sputter after warmup
I think you need to replace that bank 1 sensor 1. It’s flat line rich taking all the file away on that bank. What does the rear oxygen sensor read on bank 1 when it’s acting up? Full lean or full rich like the front oxygen sensor

More
3 years 6 months ago #43256 by Nyc2nc82
Thank you for replying. It’s a 4.7 not a hemi, not sure if that make a difference. The ignition coils are new as well

More
3 years 6 months ago #43257 by Nyc2nc82
I’m thinking it needs to be replaced as well. They always seemed to be inconsistent but was not sure if that was the o2 going out or caused by another issue. Or both maybe. Bank 1 pretty much stayed flat most of the day, would seem to start working a little bit sometimes and seemed to be working at first startup but by the end of the day when I got home it stayed flat and would not respond to snapping the throttle. I do have both bank 1 too rich and too lean codes pending at the same time now as well
I do remember seeing a Scanner Danner video I believe for the o2 heater and the chugging noise the vehicle was making is very similar to the noise move makes.
I will say I’m having way less issues right now with the weather cooled down if any at all
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #43258 by Nyc2nc82
Haven’t spent too much time looking at sensor 2, but I believe it was about 6-800 while driving earlier today and was around 1-3 at idle when I got home today.
I did get this vehicle with 240k Miles on it and I do not know it’s history so I have no clue when if ever the o2 sensors have been replaced

More
3 years 6 months ago #43487 by Nyc2nc82
Just a quick update. I went ahead and cleared the codes a few days ago. Have been driving pretty heavy the last 4-5 nights.
I have not had the p200 codes come back yet. I keep getting p0131 o2 sensor low voltage, p300, p0172 bank 1 rich. Also had Bank 1 lean in pending on and off

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds