Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.3 W/T

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #41066 by NuckingFutsKustoms
So I need to check my 12v feed and my grounds and work my way back then?
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by NuckingFutsKustoms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41071 by Hardtopdr2
According to the schematic white is 5v reference and pink is switch position signal for start position. So with connector disconnected those readings look ok. But the low voltage in run/acc is on white concerning but there are two pinks in the diagram you posted so I would check which pink wire you checked to make sure you read the correct one. I would check voltage at the 2 amp fuse to see what you have for supply voltage after that.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41078 by NuckingFutsKustoms
Yeah the diagram shows 2 pinks but I only have one pink in my connector.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41222 by NuckingFutsKustoms
Ok I'm getting close so air bag module is a puff ball unplug it and everything comes back to life. Question now is will that module cause it not to run I have fuel and spark and compression . 60 psi cranking fuel pressure but I can only get it to fire off when I manually dump the injectors. No DTCs in the ecm or others o ly the PPS which isn't hooked up.
Attachments:

More
3 years 8 months ago #41223 by Hardtopdr2
With airbag module disconnected it should not effect starting truck. So if you are manually firing injectors by giving them ground i would make the call on injector driver failure in pcm but would test first by taking a test light hooked to batt + and touch the injector circuit points at pcm with a t pin and a length of wire so you dont accidentally cook something else if it is a ground wire issue. If tests good at pcm connector then your control wire / ground driver wire has a open or alot of green crusties. If doesnt light when cranking then pcm injector drivers are cooked. Then a pcm and a airbag module is in your future
The following user(s) said Thank You: NuckingFutsKustoms

More
3 years 8 months ago #41224 by NuckingFutsKustoms
Thanks for the info I just had a code pop up with p0615 any ideas where to start with that one would look up myself just at shop now with no internet and only mobile if I hold my tongue the right way to send these messages.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41225 by Hardtopdr2
P0615 is starter relay circuit malfunction... meaning something in the starter circuit is not functioning as it should. Did you try starting it with the airbag module disconected? If yes and it did not crank recheck voltage at switch with the airbag module disconnected. When your done is it same readings as before? If its different did it go to 5v on white and pink?

More
3 years 8 months ago #41226 by Hardtopdr2
The next part to test is voltage at each pin end of ignition pink and white wires. If 5v at both ends of white wire in run position (body control module conector and ignition switch conector side) then check pink wire at both ends for voltage in run position and crank position. if voltage is same at both ends of connector then check ignition signal wire that goes from bcm to pcm for voltage and resistance (just make sure ignition switch is off before doing resistance test.) .

More
3 years 8 months ago #41227 by NuckingFutsKustoms
Ok Ill do that tommorow I decided to come back to the land of the living and reasearch all of this and gather as many wireing diagrams on it as I can for tommorow. Thanks again

More
3 years 8 months ago #41228 by Hardtopdr2
Good idea.... the p0615 could be why injectors wont work. Since injectors are timed by the cam/ crank signal. Also depending on how bcm is setup it may send ign start signal on can bus.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41415 by NuckingFutsKustoms
I would like to thank everyone for their help on this matter ended up being the ECM for the No Start issue although the airbag module is still a poof ball under the seat. But I must say this has been a real learning curve for me and even though 90% of the things said here to me I didnt understand from the word go it was still a great learning experience.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds