Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 2016 Ford Expedition No Crank

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #38790 by abe1204
Hello Guys , Can Anyone Help about A FORD EXPEDITION 2016 3.5 ecoboost wont crank starter Ok, Battery new
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Tyler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #38798 by Cheryl
Did you do a full system scan on this? The starter is computer controlled on this. Try going from battery negative cable to engine block with test light should not light. Then go from battery cable to body should not light

More
3 years 11 months ago #38805 by abe1204
iwhat i see on this problem when the Abs light on and the Esc , you cant carnk you only hear a clicking noise but it wont turn the starter, ,and what i do went it to the starter relay and have checked the power supply and i energized the starter solenoid wire and it cranks but no start theres is no SMC and SMRC output, controlled ,but sometimes it start fine only it happens when the abs lign on and esc .when this turn on you cant communicate ti the abs module , airbag module,,, , yes I did the checked engine Grounds and body grounds, i can communicate with the ENGINE CONTROL MODULE ,

More
3 years 11 months ago #38806 by Cheryl
Sounds like the abs module is messing up the network

More
3 years 11 months ago #38820 by Cheryl
Can you use a multimeter to check pins 6 and 14 at data link connector with abs module plugged in?? Ground black test lead probe those terminals with red lead. Should have roughly 2.5 volts on multimeter if it’s higher unplug abs then recheck.

More
3 years 11 months ago #38823 by UnQ
Better use an oscilloscope. And if don't have one try to measure the resistance in CAN network when the ABS light is up. It's like an ABS module problem or a wiring problem between PCM and ABS module.

More
3 years 11 months ago #38824 by Cheryl
I was going to say oscilloscope but don’t know what equipment they are working with

More
3 years 11 months ago #38826 by abe1204
Hi , cheryl I measure between 6 and 14 CAN HI Is 2.64V and CAN LO IS 2.34V with unplug and plug in connectors , one thing i check was that theres ni Park indicator ng dashboard you can see only RNDM12 i tried to put in N AND same problem i its only clicking sounds from the body contro mudule..

More
3 years 11 months ago #38827 by abe1204
im only using multimeter and Maxysys elite Scanner i dont have osciloscope

More
3 years 11 months ago #38828 by abe1204
i ddnt try measuring by ohm let me try tomorrow to check for possible causes of this car

More
3 years 11 months ago #38838 by Tutti57
Can you communicate with the TCM to see what gear position it thinks the truck is in?

Nissan Technician

More
3 years 11 months ago #38847 by abe1204
History of this Car , replaced front brake pads ,the other day replaced sparkplugs after 3 days servicing the problems cme does not crank. , So what i see on the dash ABS LIGHT with ESC , PUT scanner No comm with AIRBAG MODULE ,PARKING ASSIST MODULE, ,SOMETIMES PCM WONT COMM im sorry i didnt mention before , BCM and IPC WITH COMM. Checked 6 and 14 CAN HI is 2.64V and CAN LOW 2.34V , ALSO checked the starter relay energize turn on crank but no start, SOmetimes Light is not appears on tha dash PRNDM21 ! sometimes Only RNDM21 is light on I put into N and tried to crank no still only cliicking sound at the BCM MODULE check the GROUNDS GOINT TO TR SENSOR ITS FINE no CONTROLLED SIDE OF THE STARTER RELAY !

More
3 years 11 months ago #38851 by Cheryl
Can you post a network diagram along with a starting system diagram??

More
3 years 11 months ago #38853 by abe1204
HI , cheryl thank you for your help and all of you guys ,in here, heres a good news ,since that i dont have exact wiring diagram on this car , and also this is intermittent starting problem , to catch this problem my friend hold the key into start position and I hit or wiggle the front fuse box there something that it cranks and starts so i decided to hit every single realay and i found out that small relay second from right is the one makes all problem .. i pulled it and changed a new one and its starts fine but i dnt know the exact reason why is the ABS MODULE and Pcm are not communicating when theres i light on the dash board,,

More
3 years 11 months ago #38857 by abe1204
how can i post a fusebox here so that you can see what relay i changed

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #38861 by Chad

abe1204 wrote: how can i post a fusebox here so that you can see what relay i changed

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Chad.

More
3 years 11 months ago #38947 by UnQ

abe1204 wrote: .... but i dnt know the exact reason why is the ABS MODULE and Pcm are not communicating when theres i light on the dash board,,

I still believe that what you have there (in probability order) is a wiring problem between PCM and ABS module, but also it can be the ABS module itself or the PCM or BCM (but less likely).
Normally the engine should not start when you have miscommunication between PCM and ABS.
Based on what you said, when you have light in the dashboard, there is no comm between PCM and ABS and your engine (normally) should not start. Is this right? or I'm wrong?
In order to diagnose no comm to ABS, first, you have to check the CANBus network and this must be done when the defect is present (when you have light on dash). If the defect is intermittent, then must wait until is present. When the defect is intermittent, then it is very important that once it is present to try to take care that the car will not be moved, hitted or brutalized in any way during the measurements, that can cause the defect to disappear.
1. Disconnect the battery and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Put an ohmmeter between PIN 4 and 5. Your measure should not be higher than 0.2 ohms. Measure also the resistance between car's body and PIN 4 which is ground.
3. Put an ohmmeter between PIN 6 and 14. Your measure should be around 60 ohms +/- max 10%.
3. Connect the battery.
4. Measure the voltage between PIN 6 and 5. Should be around 2.5-3.5V
5. Measure the voltage between PIN 14 and 5. It should be around 1.5-2.5V. Do the last two measurements with key contact ON and OFF and as you can see the values are pretty useless because two different voltmeters will have different results in the same car, but it can give us a clue about what is happening there.

After you did all these steps, tell me what you have so we can go further.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39006 by abe1204
Thank you bro, Im sorry I didnt post its been already FIXED and Crank and start fine ,, Thanks for another option someday I will use this other testing methods ,,Godbless

More
3 years 11 months ago #39011 by UnQ
Replied by UnQ on topic 2016 Ford Expedition No Crank
I'm glad for you that the car is fixed. My mistake. From what you were saying I understood that after the relay replacement you still have light on dash and no crank. Regards!

More
3 years 11 months ago #39053 by abe1204
Im so sorry I could not tell it properly but it was FIxed Run/ Crank relay 09#

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds