Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

**FIXED!!** 2000 Ford f550 chassis with 6.8 no codes, wont pass obd monitors

More
4 years 1 month ago #38086 by wrightweld12
I'll see if I can figure out how to mark it fixed. I hope this helps other people. I was chasing my tail trying to get the monitors to set. Come to find out they didn't need to be in this case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #56731 by Jazen
Hello,
2000 F550 6.8 4x2 work truck. Replaced most sensors, plugs, coils.
I read your list and have readings that are within norm.
Timing is around 10-13° idle. Will go to 36° reved in neutral. Driving under load timing will be 18-20°. Down hill, little gas pedal it might go to 28°. Truck is a pig with no power. I cant seem to find cause for no timing under load. Motor temp scales from ambient and never gets above 190. Trims fluctuate 0- +/- 3 No miss no codes. I have 2 o2 sensors. Non behind cat. Is it just gutless pig of a motor? Can I manipulate sensors to put more timing in it?
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jazen.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #56739 by juergen.scholl
It is completely normal that the timing advance under heavy load is SIGNIFICANTLY less than under light throttle/load. An overadvanced engine underheavy load may destroy itself!

If you could share some basic test results like compression, fuel pressure & volume, exhaust back pressure, binding/dragging brakes....

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by juergen.scholl.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds