Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 driveability issues

More
4 years 7 months ago #33154 by ed begley
so i decided to redo the coil tests, i dont if i did it wrong the first time , if i just missed it but when i checked the chassis ground it ws open .when i saw this i used a jumper wire from ground to the t pin i was using, I. started the truck and all 4 cylinders on the drivers side were working I could not locate the open in the wire so i ran a new ground wire. At this time all my stft and ltft numbers are line with the pass side . I am mad at myself that i did not follow the basics , i was sure that it had to be computer related thats on me, no matter how advanced the computer stuff gets things still need gas spark air and compression. I would like to thank everyone for their help and obsevations, and a special thanks to scannerdanner for providing this forum

thank you everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: simclardy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33168 by Andy_
Replied by Andy_ on topic Re:2008 driveability issues
I'm sorry that I lost track of this, for some reason I wasn't getting updates that there were new messages.

I'm glad you found the problem, good work.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33179 by simclardy
You got it fixed. That's what counts. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More
4 years 7 months ago #33425 by Raoul
Replied by Raoul on topic 2008 driveability issues
I think at a minimum your fuel pump is no longer achieving an adequate fuel pressure at Prime. AlldataDIY would be a good investment as the FP Specs will be published there. Running out of fuel on an older GM FP often stresses out the tired Unit. The erratic needle on your fuel pressure gauge is a typical symptom too. So FP and fuel filter to start with. The misfire May be a bad injector (one cylinder) or fuel regulator if multiple cylinders (P0300). However, try the FP and filter first. Longer crank times to start too (another FP symptom)? Cycle your key a couple times before starting and see if crank times is decreased!

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds