Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Ford Taurus SEL (DOHC) 4-wheel ABS?

More
4 years 8 months ago #32468 by Tyler
Sounds like it doesn't have a sway bar. You're seeing the two lateral arms and the trailing arm.

If it had a bar, it'd be located inboard of the strut. Like this, but not blue:

www.taurusclub.com/forum/attachments/sus...ll-passsidelift2.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32502 by popoften
Will either a propane torch or mapp gas torch provide sufficient heat? I do not have oxy-acetylene. And I assume I would apply the heat to the pinch apparatus and not the bolt; since the thing heated is what expands?

Thx Pop

More
4 years 8 months ago #32503 by Tyler
Either one can definitely help! It's a mixed bag with those - some are super crusty and just fall out. :lol: Others look clean and fight the whole way.

You'll figure out pretty quickly which one it is when you go to loosen them by hand the first time.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33165 by popoften
Finally got around to this job over the weekend. It wasn't too bad. But you were correct that the pinch bolts needed heat and penetrating oil, and fought hard a good bit of the way out. And were very clean on this garage-kept, southern car. Noise gone, rides real nice now. THANK YOU!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
4 years 7 months ago #33166 by popoften
Marked FIXED.

Thank you one and all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 7 months ago #33202 by Tyler
Nicely done. :cheer:

I hate the whole pinch bolt strut design. Always a pain to remove, and no easy camber adjustment. It's like the OEM doesn't care what happens to the alignment once it leaves the factory? Oh yeah, they don't! :silly:

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds