Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P2195 and p2196 codes popped up recently on 2003 Explorer 4.0

More
4 years 7 months ago #32720 by Andy_
So, after you changed the sensor, you cleared the codes and the P2195 still came back?

Also, on the bucking and jerking, I don't remember that from the original post. Do you know where to find Mode 6 data in your scan tool? It sounds like you're dealing with a misfire as far as that is concerned?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32721 by Floridaexplorer
No when I sprayed B12 into throttle body I got a map or maf code.
I changed my oil just now.
It's been bucking or jerking and o2 sensor could cause that too based on Google. I was going to ask about wires tonight if it would trigger a misfire code. Acceleration seems to be better with fuel filter and 1 new o2 sensor. I changed wires and plugs last year but maybe the autozone wire has an issue. Plug wides have a warranty.
I may change the other upstream o2 sensor later and plugs n wires again. I took live data video today driving.
I fieled yesterday and today and was showing 8mpg average.
I believe some of my fuel trims are negative.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32723 by Andy_
I don't think you need to go changing the other upstream O2 sensor. The fuel trims the you've posted lately look pretty good. A decent range is 0, +/-10%, and you were right there from what I've seen.

Can you check to see if your scanner has the option of looking at something called mode$06 data? It can help you identify which cylinder is misfiring.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32727 by Floridaexplorer

More
4 years 7 months ago #32728 by Floridaexplorer
I have Innova 3040.
I dont know yet if it has mode$6

More
4 years 7 months ago #32729 by Floridaexplorer
3040e
Unless you mean misfire monitor or koer I dont think so.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32751 by Floridaexplorer
I tried looking for an arc last night and spraying water with water bottle.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32752 by Andy_
Let me look online later for the manual for your scan tool. I want to see if it says anywhere if your tool can access mode 06. I would guess it can since it's part of the generic side. If so, we should be able to see what cylinder has misfires, if any.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Floridaexplorer

More
4 years 7 months ago #32753 by Floridaexplorer
I called innova manufacturer was told yes when I hook up it only has o2, obd and evap for mode6

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #32759 by Floridaexplorer
My new mpg today was 14 (not 8 mpg like last time and I had some idle time in that)
After replacing one o2 sensor and fuel filter
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Floridaexplorer.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32762 by Floridaexplorer
What about video I posted? I would go to each o2 then gun it. At end I scrolled while idling.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32782 by Andy_
Honestly, I haven't had time to watch the video. I'm swamped at work.

Are you still getting the p2195? If not, that's a good thing and we can move on to whatever other problem you have.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32790 by Floridaexplorer
Cleared code hasn't returned yet, last time took a few weeks to return.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32804 by Andy_
One other question. I know you said you replaced the muffler. You did mean the muffler and not the cat, correct? The reason I ask is because P2195 can sometimes be caused be exhaust leaks near the sensor. I've seen other lean codes (P0171,174) on Fords that have leaking exhaust manifolds. It's not always a true 'lean' condition, just what is perceived as lean.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32806 by Floridaexplorer
Yes replaced with Thrush turbo muffler from AutoZone. Maybe the o2 sensor fixed. And I dont fully understand live data. I though the downstream showed 0 a time or two while running s1b1 after I replaced the upstream s1b1 (video)

More
4 years 7 months ago #32809 by Andy_
Ok, so it looks like you may have your code fixed.

What drivability symptoms are you still having? Do you still feel a misfire? Can you describe what it feels like, when it happens, rpm range, speed, etc?

Don't feel bad about not fully understanding data. It takes a lot of practice. Keep studying data after you get this problem fixed. It's hard to learn when your under the gun. Start learning what good data is to help you know what's not good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Floridaexplorer

More
4 years 7 months ago #32851 by Floridaexplorer
Like a bucking or jerking.
Is replacing spark plugs after 16 to 17000 miles too soon? Today was 15 mpg average.
Thinking about replacing other upstream o2 sensor and spark plugs again after 16000 miles. I havent messed with rotor. Changed oligs and wores last year about 16000 miles ago.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32856 by Andy_
If you didn't use the OE Motorcraft plug, then I would put those in. If you did use OE plugs, then leave them alone.

Unless your fuel trims dictate it or you set a code, don't change the O2 sensor. \

What you're describing sounds like an ignition misfire, which is really why I was hoping your scan tool had Mode 06 data. It doesn't, so that makes finding the culprit cylinder a bit harder, and your tool doesn't have the power balance test either. You don't have a scope do you?

More
4 years 7 months ago #32895 by Floridaexplorer
Sorry notifications are late to me. I just replaced drive side with Bosch double platinum plugs. Autozone and Ford said motorcraft double platinum but double platinum not an option in motorcraft. I just came inside from installing 3 left driver side cylinder 4,5,and 6 with Bosch.
This morning I installed flex exhaust pipe to connect my muffler (new) back to the rear tailpipe so its quieter.
I plan to do plugs 1, 2 and 3 later or tomorrow and replace wires again tomorrow. If it's not running great after this I will shoot cat converter with an infrared thermometer laser and if that goes good I will be leaning towards maybe it's the transmission

I think you said if not motorcraft I should leave plugs alone but I didn't get the notification. I'm labeling the old plugs so pics of old plugs can be likely tomorrow.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32896 by Floridaexplorer
As stated before I replaced bank 1 upstream o2 sensor the other day and my mog went from 8 to 13 to 15 to 16 thusfar.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds