Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

AC blower pulling voltage down

More
4 years 9 months ago #31530 by jerry r
It's a non computer-controlled alternator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31539 by Tyler
Yeah, everything I can find shows this is just a good ol' internally regulated alternator. I'm assuming there's a fused B+ circuit in the same alternator connector, jerry r? As long as that circuit shows battery voltage (or within a tenth or two), then it's time to search for ANOTHER alternator.

If you haven't already, also voltage drop the big B+ cable at the alternator, engine running and loads on. Over .3V drop is suspect.

If it makes you feel better, I went through this last month on a '15 Kia. :silly: Three parts store alternators before I found one that charged at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry r

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #31548 by jerry r
yes I checked and triple checked, very little voltage drop on the main cable it was only .03 of a drop ,I checked all powers and grounds, even used a jumper in case I was missing something no change at all with a jumper. looks like I need another alternator!!!:angry: :angry: :sick:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by jerry r.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds