Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

FIXED 05 Honda Element 2.4 with P0172 Fuel Metering Too Rich

More
4 years 5 months ago #34806 by Seabass86
Correct.The mechanic didn't care to take an extra ... Idk....15 minutes to make sure he was ordering the right engine. Just stuffed it in and sent it. He also wasn't shy about charging full price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 5 months ago #34813 by Noah
I deal with that a lot. The boss orders the cheapest engine he can get his hands on and literally only the block and heads will work. Or alternatively I'll have to install the wrong engine because we have it on hand.

Not saying it's right, just don't be so quick to blame the mechanic for not knowing there was some imperceptible difference.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 years 5 months ago #34841 by Seabass86
Idk man.. this one was tough to swallow for my friend. Money is difficult to come by and he paid good money for this engine swap . It hurts ppl big time when so called professionals can't get it together .

it's one thing to have it done at a shade tree, pay a shade tree rate and have this happen.

It's a whole new level of B.S. when you pay a so-called reputable shop full money ($120/ hr) and they make a mistake like this.

It's not difficult. Sit your happy butt on on your greased up office chair, and take a minute to verify the engine code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #34842 by Noah
Totally agree.
Who ever charged for the job should have been responsible for making it right.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Noah.

• Noah
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #34845 by Noah
For what it's worth, I sat my happy butt in the greasy office chair just out of curiosity :)

The 05 element comes with. 300-80124B
A, C, & D fit as shown in notes. Difference is intake, throttle body and HP

Not justifying the botched job or anything like that. But if someone towed in that car for me to change the engine, that's all the information I would have to go by. No mention of injectors. Of course I wouldn't have charged them without making it right in the end.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Noah.

• Noah
More
4 years 5 months ago #34846 by Noah
They must have gone outside of the interchange list and not transferred the parts to the new engine.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds