Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 2001 ACURA CL 3.2 CRANKS/ NO START

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31861 by jreardon

tim.smith1 wrote: how would i scope all the injectors at once off the ground wire?

Each injector has it's own ground wire to the PCM so you can't scope them all there if you're trying to get injector current ramp. For injector current ramp you need to go to common power feed. But you already captured current ramp so I'm confused.

If you're referring to the injector balance test, that entails installing a fuel gauge on the rail, energizing the fuel pump to pressurize the rail, and individually energizing each injector to check for flow. The balance part means ideally you want each injector to spray and drop psi on the rail, equally, in a set period of time.

If you don't have that tool to pulse injectors, you can energize each injector by grounding each injector control wire manually as right now we're just concerned about flow.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by jreardon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31868 by tim.smith1
i do have the tool you speak of i will do that very soon tomorrow i was planning on running it on external fuel supply just in case there is something in the left over fuel in the gas tank. i thought you guys were looking to capture all the injectors on the scope lol i was confused cause i thought i did the only thing i could to show them all at once.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31869 by tim.smith1
just so everyone knows my paypal was jacked up that is the reason i could not access SD premium

More
4 years 8 months ago #31870 by guafa
Each injector has it's own ground wire to the PCM so you can't scope them all there if you're trying to get injector current ramp. For injector current ramp you need to go to common power feed. But you already captured current ramp so I'm confused.

My mistake. When i mentioned "all injectors at the same time" i was saying is so weird to have all injectors failing at the same time. I was imagining an stuck open injector adding to much fuel on cylinders. Anyway, i think a balance test is necessary at this point.

If you don't have that tool to pulse injectors, you can energize each injector by grounding each injector control wire manually as right now we're just concerned about flow.

Another tests you can perform. 1. Take out the complete fuel rail, turn on the fuel pump and look for any injector leaking. 2. Taking care of any spark and with injectors firing in the air, crank engine and look for any stuck open injector (I have seen some injectors which only get stuck open when you turn it on).
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim.smith1, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 8 months ago #31887 by tim.smith1
Okay guys new info!!!!!! Today I took the fuel pump out put it in a brand new oil pan and poured gas on the oil pan I then used my fuel tester adapter to extend it from the fuel supply line to the pump in the pan car chugged for a few minutes and then ran great.so we drained the gas tank and drove the car lesson I learned just cause the gas does not separate and just cause it burns does not mean it is good gas. Thanks to everyone that helped with this you guys are great!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, jreardon, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 8 months ago #31888 by Tyler
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :woohoo:

More
4 years 8 months ago #31893 by jreardon
Wow good job :) In hindsight what test would you use to check fuel quality?

More
4 years 8 months ago #31895 by tim.smith1
Maybe taste it lol idk is there a gas test strips maybe if not I see money lol

More
4 years 8 months ago #31896 by guafa
Great news. Congratulation!!!

I suggest you to take this Bad gas and test it and compare it with good one. It's a great chance.

If you have time/lucky, let us know.

Cheers.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 8 months ago #31899 by Noah
Nice! Glad you got it running, and now you've got some known waveforms to tuck away for later :)

I'd like to see that gas if you have a picture. I have two rules for gasoline:
1) You must be able to see through it. It can be yellow, orange or a little brown but if you can see clearly through it after it has been poured, it should combust. (Just because you can light it with a lighter doesn't mean it will run an engine)
2) can't smell like varnish, turpentine or anything that turns your stomach.

I ran strictly junk yard gasoline in my last two trucks over the past 10 years and never had an issue following those two rules.
I've also seen many people break down taking liberties with those rules :)
We don't have E85 so I've never encountered an alcohol content issue but that can be checked for easily with a clear container and small amount of water.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

• Noah
More
4 years 8 months ago #31900 by Noah
Oops, never mind. Just saw your fuel sample. Sure looks like good gasoline.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #31922 by Tyler
So, I gotta ask. If this bad fuel was put in the tank AFTER the fuel pump was replaced, then what was the original problem? :huh: Was it the fuel pump/level sender like Tim originally thought?

Also, this is officially one of our longest threads. :cheer:

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Tyler. Reason: beep boop

More
4 years 8 months ago #31926 by tim.smith1
It is my belief that the fuel that was in the tank before we changed the fuel pump was the culprit I could be wrong the sad part is I don't think we will ever know lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 8 months ago #31974 by tim.smith1
can i change this to fixed?

• Noah
More
4 years 8 months ago #32044 by Noah

tim.smith1 wrote: can i change this to fixed?

Gotcha

More
4 years 7 months ago #32545 by rpd1125
Just read thru this and wish I had seen this earlier. great job. Learn from it myself. But makes total sense if it started with break cleaner Clearly it was Fuel related only

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds