Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 2001 ACURA CL 3.2 CRANKS/ NO START

More
4 years 9 months ago #31150 by tim.smith1
CUSTOMER JUST PURCHASED CAR A FEW DAYS LATER HE NOTICED WHAT HE DESCRIBED AS A MISS FIRE BEFORE HE COULD ALLOW A TECHNICIAN TO LOOK AT THE CAR HE SHUT IT OFF AFTER DRIVING IT AND THE CAR WOULD NOT START BACK UP. THE CAR SHOWED UP ON A TOW TRUCK AND WE ATTEMPTED TO START IT AFTER A FEW TIMES WE SPRAYED BRAKE CLEANER IN THE INTAKE AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP. NOT A GOOD EXCUSE BUT THE ONLY ONE I HAVE WE CALLED THE CUSTOMER TO TELL HIM HE NEEDED A FUEL PUMP INSTALLED IT AND OF COURSE NO LUCK ALSO WE READ THE CODES TO FIND IT DID HAVE A P0300 IN THE MEMORY NO OTHER CODES PRESENT CHECKED FUEL PRESSURE IT WAS IN SPEC. NEXT I CHECKED THE IMMOBILIZER LIGHT ON DASH COMES ON GREEN FOR A FEW SECS AND SHUTS OFF LIKE IT SHOULD CHECKED BOTH CAM SENSORS AND SAW THAT THEY HAD ABOUT 1 AC VOLT FOR BOTH OF THEM RPM WAS SHOWING IN SCANNER AND GAUGE. NEXT I CHECKED NOID ON THE INJECTORS SEEMS THAT IS WORKING FINE. WE ALSO DID A DRY COMPRESSION CHECK ABOUT 180 PER CYLINDER WE THEN ORDERED A MAIN RELAY JUST TO BE SURE THAT WAS NOT AN ISSUE. WENT AHEAD AND TOOK THE COVERS OFF THE TIMING SO I COULD CHECK MARKS IT IS DEAD ON THERE. WE THEN REPLACED THE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR WITH NO LUCK. WE ALSO REPLACED ALL THE PLUGS IN CASE THEY WERE FUEL FOULED.TOOK THE CATS OFF STILL WONT START. LAST THING WE DID WAS CHECK THE GROUNDS AT THE PCM THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING JUST FINE.

CAR SEEMS TO BE GETTING TO MUCH FUEL PLUGS SEEM SOAKED WHEN WE TAKE THEM OUT
RECENTLY THE CAR TRYS TO START UP BUT SEEMS LIKE I AM HEARING IF BACK FIRE THRU THE INTAKE
IF YOU SPRAY THE CAR WITH BRAKE CLEANER IT WILL UNWILLINGLY START AND RUN ON ITS OWN BUT AROUND 300 RPMS SO NOT SURE YOU CAN CALL THAT RUNNING.

WHAT AM I MISSING PLEASE HELP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31172 by Cheryl
Are the plugs getting fouled with fuel or coolant?? What’s the coolant temp sensor reading?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim.smith1

More
4 years 9 months ago #31175 by Tyler
Does the ECT agree with the IAT after sitting overnight? A skewed ECT will screw with cranking injection pulse width.

Has anyone taken a fuel sample yet? Bad gas still happens to busy gas stations. :silly: Check for water/diesel/E-85.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31178 by tim.smith1
soaked from fuel/ect reading around outside temp

More
4 years 9 months ago #31179 by tim.smith1
iat and ect agree

More
4 years 9 months ago #31186 by Cheryl
What do they read? Plugs gapped to far? How far does spark jump on a spark tester

More
4 years 9 months ago #31187 by Cheryl
Like Tyler says how’s the fuel quality

More
4 years 9 months ago #31365 by tim.smith1
fuel is good and plugs are new oe plugs i did some more test with my verus but i will need to figure out how to post them to the forum page still lost on this

More
4 years 9 months ago #31366 by tim.smith1
also this is a cop system the coils i have checked spark on jump with a nice blue shade

More
4 years 9 months ago #31368 by jreardon
Make sure control wire color matches to cylinder number

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, tim.smith1

More
4 years 9 months ago #31370 by jreardon
Make sure TPS is not swapped with the MAP sensor. The connector LOOKS THE SAME !

More
4 years 9 months ago #31372 by jreardon
Is your key on barometric pressure reading correct?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31427 by tim.smith1
this is a amp off battery and injector an coil off number 3 cylinder i hope it shows up. if i can improve image somehow please let me know
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago #31428 by tim.smith1
koeo pid screenshots
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #31436 by tim.smith1
Checked control wires for coils they look good
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by tim.smith1.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #31445 by jreardon
graph your map(inHg), map(v), tps(v) rpm like this:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noldvC_3qY0&feature=youtu.be&t=253

What we don't want to see is manifold pressure going above atmospheric during cranking, which indicates engine can't exhale.

If so, dry out the plugs and unscrew upstream o2 and see it'll start.

Check all injectors at common power feed with amp clamp and check that they're not shorted, they're opening, and they all look the same with proper ~1 amp ramp peaks. My thinking here is maybe the injectors are opening wetting the plugs slightly, but not opening enough due to weak magnetic field from shorted coil or power feed issue.

Also take a primary current ramp of all the ignition coils (power feed at fuse 11). It may jump gap in atmospheric conditions but it won't jump in a compression environment from weak magnetic field. This could explain why the plugs are wet. An inline spark tester here would suffice as well.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by jreardon.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31452 by tim.smith1
If so, dry out the plugs and unscrew upstream o2 and see it'll start.

Just a reminder the cats are disconnected from the system

I will check the injectors Monday I will have to build something so I can get amp clamp on fuse

More
4 years 9 months ago #31531 by tim.smith1
amp probe off of coil fuse
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago #31532 by tim.smith1
amp clamp off coil fuse
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago #31533 by jreardon
Can you put in a second channel and sync it off like any coil IGT wire. I want to make sure all 6 coils are in there. What scale did you set you amp probe to? And a picture of one of the ramps zoomed in please, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds