Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 2007 E-450 V10 misfire

More
4 years 9 months ago #31615 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic Re:2007 E-350 V10 misfire
Nope it’s clean as a whistle.

We were going to send it to a shop, but I’m going to look at the rest of the coils. If only 2 are bad with different failure modes (and make sure the secondary side isn’t just a bad plug) I’ll just throw two coils on it. It’s for my church and the labor is pro bono. I wouldn’t mind a comeback as long as it doesn’t require a tow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31616 by PDM
What do you recommend for the upstream o2? Motorcraft or Bosch?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31617 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:2007 E-350 V10 misfire

PDM wrote: What do you recommend for the upstream o2? Motorcraft or Bosch?

Not Bosch. :lol: I've run into clearance issues with Bosch sensors in the past - the sensors are too long and end up rubbing heat shields or body panels. I'd go Motorcraft or NTK (which RockAuto says is the OE sensor for this van).

Just curious, why send it to a shop?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM

More
4 years 9 months ago #31618 by PDM
Thanks

I’m tight on time and wasn’t sure I could do it in time for it to leave for summer camp. Fixing cars is my way of self-funding my hobby. I spend weeknights with my wife and three little ones

More
4 years 8 months ago #31996 by PDM
New coil and plug on 3 and 6. The 2/1 o2 sensor being sluggish appears to have been a symptom of the misfire.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31997 by PDM
Spark plugs didn’t appear to be fouled. Both coils checked good with an ohm meter on the primary and secondary side. Scope data said otherwise

More
4 years 8 months ago #32033 by Tyler
Isn't it awesome how the ohmmeter will lie to you if you let it? :silly: Nice fix, sir.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #32043 by Noah
Glad it's up and rocking. B)

The "for profit fix", (or even if you just don't want to look like an ass a month down the road), would have been 8 coils and plugs. I wouldn't argue with anyone who would want to make a quality repair!
That's often not in the budget, at least that's how it is with half the stuff that comes limping into my bay.

Edit: 10 coils and plugs... V10s have ten cylinders Noah

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Noah.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32045 by PDM
Totally agree. If it weren’t for my own church (or my own vehicle) it would definitely have gotten all 10. They did give me free reign for whatever I thought it needed. A “comeback” on this one is not a problem for me or them.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds