Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Car turns over but won’t start no spark no fuel and no check engine light

More
4 years 10 months ago #30706 by kentrell.joseph
I got into an accident and rear-ended someone.at the impact my car stalled and wouldn’t start.so when I looked at my wrecked front end the wires in the harness,on the passenger side were split. it was maybe 30 wires that split apartment.before finding this I tried to crank it up to get on the side of the road but it would not start.i have put all of the broken wires back together,swapped the ignition module,pcm,and crankshaft sensor.i also have new ignition coils,spark plug wires,and a new fuel pump.I tried swapping relays no change,all fuses are good,and all connections have fire coming to them,but nothing is happening when I go to start.i don’t hear the fuel pump.i have swapped out the fuel inertia switch.i don’t know what else could be the issue,we tried connecting a computer scanner tool but no luck

1993 Lincoln Town Car
4.6L v8
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30707 by jreardon
Does check engine light work at key ON and turn off while cranking? Do you have 5V reference at the TPS?

Can you make a signal on the CKP wires and make the ICM fire the coils?

Start/Run power and grounds map, what's missing on your car? i.imgur.com/35WXS8i.jpg

File Attachment:

File Name: pcmpinvoltage.pdf
File Size:69 KB
Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #30708 by kentrell.joseph
No check engine light at all.right after the impact there was no more check engine light,I used a test light on all wires and connections and there is power.there is no fire to the coils

More
4 years 10 months ago #30709 by kentrell.joseph
I removed the inertia switch and crossed the wires together.when I turn the key on some relays click and I also here a tick sound from the gas tank.i replaced the fuel pump

More
4 years 10 months ago #30710 by jreardon
Check for coil negative control. If you still don't have control, try unplugging the spout.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30711 by kentrell.joseph

More
4 years 10 months ago #30712 by jreardon
Spark output (spout) signal comes from the computer but if this signal is bad it can affect the ICM even though it's not used during cranking:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UPe5f1s2ak&t=1012

More
4 years 10 months ago #30828 by Dtnel
Why did you replace the pcm? Did someone tell you it was fault, did troubleshooting and figured it was bad? What was done to determine that beyond fixing the 30 wires you mentioned being broke that determined other things you said you replaced were bad? Was the pcm programmed? Are you getting the proper power and grounds where you're supposed to be getting them?

You're saying when you turn the key from off to the accessory position before run that the check engine light don't come on?

Does any lights come on? Do you have a phone you could take a video and load it up to youtube and list it as unlisted video but you can still share it here in the forums within the body of the message.

There's something that's not right. Probably going to have to go 1 step at a time and trace wires, verify grounds or power along with switched stuff as well. Don't give up as it takes time.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30866 by PDM

kentrell.joseph wrote: we tried connecting a computer scanner tool but no luck

Does this mean that nothing showed up on a scan, or was there no communication with the pcm?

Like Dtnel said, one step at a time. Get that pcm talking before you worry about anything else. Start with checking powers and grounds.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds