Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0171

More
4 years 11 months ago #29702 by jscordo
Replied by jscordo on topic P0171
i was thinking same thing, i spent 5 hours back there replacing exhaust manifold gasket after i couldnt find a crack in manifold. the 02 sensors are reading as they should with the upstream oscillating back and forth and the downstream staying steady above .50.
ive had a manifold leak before and the downstream would ready similar to upstream

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29703 by jscordo
was it your purge valve or the valve on the evap canister?

More
4 years 11 months ago #29711 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic P0171
It was the purge valve. I was not clear. Not for this particular car, but for others.

You can discard evap system, by "canceling" the hose which is connected to manifold

I have some known good values for that ecotec 2.4L taken two days ago. Maybe not only watching trim numbers, but more values, we can discover something else.

More
4 years 11 months ago #29719 by jscordo
i'll try anything at this point. i'm going get a new coolant temp sensor just to be safe and because its cheap. i just cant wrap my head around the two different readings from the two different year fuel rails. 2010 injectors have a different part number compared to 2012 and the 2012 injectors work way better. i might do the high pressure pump down the road. someone said that could be it

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds