Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

BMW E92 02 sensor possible problem.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26436 by Tyler
This SD video demonstrates the water test perfectly.

Obviously, you're not working a Chevy van. :silly: So you'll have to keep your eyes open on where the intake manifold begins and ends, as well as what hoses connect to the intake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26438 by steve86
Thanks Tyler, I'm going to get under the hood and try to investigate. I'll report back what I find.

Cheers mate : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

More
5 years 1 month ago #26449 by spit64
Other BMW has must of the time a crack in the boot between MAF and throttle body it is quite a common problem had it my self on an E39.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26450 by steve86
Hey spit64,

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Kind regards
Steve.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26505 by steve86
Hi all,

I had my MOT the other day and it passed the emissions. Attached is some info from the gas analyser.

Am I right in saying, the tests confirm a leak due to the percetage of co2 in the system?

Cheers.

Regards
Steve.
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 month ago #26510 by Landroverman1958
The only thing i would say from the emissions read out is it does.nt show the oxygen content which would help to show if theres a problem with unburnt o2,it shows that the emssions out the tail pipe are not too rich by the low Hc,and the fact that parts per million are very low,conclusion not rich condition at tailpipe.
The lamba does suprise me that the limit is up to 4?? usually the limit is .970-1.03 lamba for a petrol car in the UK.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26523 by spit64
I agree the lambda is to high the engine is to lean lambda should be close to 1

More
5 years 1 month ago #26585 by Tyler

Landroverman1958 wrote: The lamba does suprise me that the limit is up to 4?? usually the limit is .970-1.03 lamba for a petrol car in the UK.

Agreed. :ohmy: It almost makes me wonder if the vehicle is intentionally set up to run lean under idle conditions? No vehicles that I've seen in the US work this way, but that doesn't mean anything. :lol:

More
5 years 1 month ago #26689 by steve86
Thanks for your comments guys. Not had the time to do a few tests. Will do as soon as I can and will let you know.

Cheers
Steve.

More
5 years 1 month ago #26716 by spit64
Your brain is sharp Tyler this is BMW with stratified charge
The Direct injection allows to execute “slightly” different principle of operating:

throttle can be opened “wider”, by this reducing the tenuity in the intake manifold and also energy necessary to create it. N53, for example, allows to intake 3 .. 3,5 time more air than would be needed for fuel combustion, it means, Lambda = 3 .. 3,5;
if the nozzles inject fuel a moment before fuel ignition and in the immediate vicinity of spark plug, normal fuel ignition is possible: even if the average mixture (in all combustion chamber) is lean (with Lambda to 3 .. 3,5, it means, air “leftover” is 3 .. 3,5 times), in direct vicinity of spark plug it is “rich” enough (Lambda below 1) and ignites very well.

Stratified charge creates significant gain for N53 engine: 25% fuel economy in load of 0 .. 10%, 20% fuel economy in load of 10 .. 30%. Percentage of economy decreases to 0%, when 60% of load is reached. For example, if we drive with 90 .. 120 km/h, N53 works with load till 30%, it means 20% economy comparing to “regular” BMW engine. Fuel economy for N43 is a bit smaller, but in average it creates at least 15%.

Additionally to fuel economy, such engine can maximize performance in area of middle load – in each cycle fuel is injected in 2 .. 3 portions, each portion being injected in it’s own – more optimal injection moment.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds