Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

failed :( 04 nissan sentra 2.5 lack of power drive by wire

More
5 years 2 months ago #26425 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.
Tyler I spoke to the owner and she said it took two day for the light to come on the last time it was in. I'm thinking it will take another 2 days for the codes to come back.
Mr. Andy .MacFadyen said it might be a charging problem so I took a closer look at the system put the voltmeter on the batt. and got 14v car on.
Next I went to the alt. batt, cable at alt. 14v at alt. plug the grn/ blk wire reads 14v and the wht/red reads 12.30v is that a bad alt.?
I also checked voltage at every wire at the T/B blu. wire reads 165mv at idle and at 2500 rpm it reads 1.5vlt. the pnk wire reads 1.7vlt and at 2500 rpm.
Grn wire TPS 2 I get 4.47, red wire 033mv, wht wire 665mv, blk wire 5v. Question here is what should the TPS 2 wire be reading.
Thank You.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26426 by gilbert
Busted knuckle no back pressure test but I did remove the o2 sensor and no change.

More
5 years 2 months ago #26437 by Tyler

gilbert wrote: Tyler I spoke to the owner and she said it took two day for the light to come on the last time it was in. I'm thinking it will take another 2 days for the codes to come back.

Maybe the TPS issue is still intermittent, then? I still maintain your low power issue is unrelated.

How high can you get Calculated Load to go on a WOT run from a stop? That'll help point the way. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #26447 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sister.
Hey Tyler I forgot to mention that as I was checking the the voltage on the T/B that on the grn wire TPS2 I was reading .62mv on the scanner and on the voltmeter I read 4.47v.
Today I ran out first gear as you asked and surprisingly it ran a lot better it had power. On a level road it ran good but on an uphill it did hesitate then it pick up unlike other times. Here are the videos the first one is on a flat road the second is uphill hope you can see something there.
Thank you.

P.S
Sorry I can't down load video. [help]
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by gilbert. Reason: had to add to comment

More
5 years 2 months ago #26498 by Busted Knuckle

gilbert wrote: God bless you my brothers and sisters.
Busted knuckle no back pressure test but I did remove the o2 sensor and no change.

You pulled the o2 up top correct? The one in the top of the manifold/cat assembly? Even so I would feel better about seeing numbers while this is going on. Back pressure testers aren't very expensive but take it from someone who knows....don't buy one with a rubber line and try to drive it around much. :lol: Also, how is the fuel pressure while it's occurring?

Repair and despair since 1990

More
5 years 2 months ago #26520 by gilbert
Busted Knuckle yes brother I pulled the top o2 sensor I will see if I can get that done tomorrow back pressure and fuel.
What do you think of the grn wire reading at the T/B plug and the reading on the scanner grn wire being tps2. As you can see there are two different reading scanner does not match voltmeter.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #26522 by Busted Knuckle
I also was unsure if the relearn procedure was performed after TB replacement, may want to do that if it hasnt been done. ;)

Repair and despair since 1990

More
5 years 2 months ago #26529 by gilbert
Busted Knuckles brother I did do the relearn and it's the same. I just did the fuel under load and her is a pic. The back pressure i.o.u I can't fined one. I live in Ti Juana México and my local store doesn't have one. The fuel pressure does not drop it remains around 52psi and rpms about 900. This was done in reverse. The car acts the same in drive that is the reson I don't think it's a trans problem. The trans code I get is a 1st gear code but like I said in reverse it does the same.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #26592 by gilbert
Busted Knuckles God is good I went to the flee market and I found a gauge so here is back pressure test pics.
One pic is at idle and the other is at 3500 rpm they both look the same s I think it's good.
Thank you .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Busted Knuckle

More
5 years 2 months ago #26618 by gilbert
Monde thank you for your respond brother you said to look at the trans code 1st gear I'll get n that in the morning. Question is brother will this affect the car in revers, the loss of power is also in revers. It is only on take off on an up hill. I followed the flow chart for the p1122 and on the pink wire with the scope on and car in park I got batt. voltage. The flow cart said to put it in drive and I should get a wave form 0-14 thing is I got voltage in park too then it cut off when I put it on drive then it came back is this normal?

More
5 years 2 months ago #26635 by gilbert
Thank you brother I'll get on it today.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds