× A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Life with child support

• Potanist
  • Potanist's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2020 08:19 - Yesterday 15:20 #38437 by Potanist
Life with child support was created by Potanist
Anyone else here paying child support? My one boy I have to file and get him emancipated. I'm on disability and I owe child support $43,000

Life is a struggle anyway... I'll be paying off that woman for the rest of my life. And to top it off she was the one that screwed the marriage.

Just irritated today, thanks

Smoked pot for most of my life, since 8th grade... Smoked it all the time going through Tech School. Almost earned a total of 3 degrees. Can't always judge a person by what he smokes... wink wink
Last edit: Yesterday 15:20 by Potanist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Potanist
  • Potanist's Avatar Topic Author
More
Yesterday 14:41 #38895 by Potanist
Replied by Potanist on topic Life with child support
Now, Lol... she gets my whole emergency check.

When I first started going through all I had to for disability I also knew that I needed to get into court and change my withholdings for the child support taken out of my check bi-weekly. I went to court 4 times over the matter and they all just basically laughed at me. Told my lawyer that I saw a paper to where I could call the number on the sheet if I thought I was being treated unfairly. I was going to call it for sure. So I went to Family court to find that number and it just so happens that paper, now, is no where to be found. So we knew someone on the inside and she helped me fill out paperwork to get the case moved to another judge out of district. Waited my court date... thinking I had to formalize it with her first. I get in there and she denies it and says we can take care of our own problems here in this court. My next words were "I want to withdraw my petition". Withdrew it and never bothered with it again till after I got disability. Then with a smile she lowered my child support... after racking it up... I'll be paying that woman till I'm in my grave.

It's still really unfair for the man in the case of the family court system. I never missed a beat during the 8 years prior me filing for disability at $756 bi-weekly. You would think they would be more understanding than that. I was a "Class A Heavy Machine Mechanic". My back just couldn't take the beating anymore... Loved the job but didn't love the constant pain.

Smoked pot for most of my life, since 8th grade... Smoked it all the time going through Tech School. Almost earned a total of 3 degrees. Can't always judge a person by what he smokes... wink wink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds