Rotkee vs. Pico

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #52514 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
You CAN  add your own scripts, no problem there. Even the existing scripts are open source.... The optical sensor is offered on the USB-Autoscope site. You also can look on Amazon, ebay etc for optical sensors but be aware that you'll gonna need a high resolution signal: the typical :one magnet: design with one pulse per revolution will not work.. 

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by juergen.scholl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #52518 by gtvmanu
Replied by gtvmanu on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
Thanks for your answer ;)

I don't know if the sensor from autoscope is compatible with MT Pro (at least the BNC connector) and the kind o signal that it generates ? (Laser + phototransistor : not explained...).

The solution from rotkee seems better to me...

More
2 years 5 months ago #52521 by juergen.scholl
The necessary hardware for Andrej Shulgin scripts were developed in a close relationship with USB autoscope, actually they are the authorized "partners" to employ his scripts. You could make your own adaptor from XLR to bnc if you don't want to buy a commercial one.

As the script works with any high resolution speed signal from any car I see no problem there.

Although working quite a bit with the CSS script I do not consider an rpm sensor an essential, necessary item.....there are almost no cars out there where I needed to apply this. Your local market may be different though.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #52522 by gtvmanu
50 % of the cars I work on are carburated or with Kjetronic, some Spica or KugelFisher injection so there is no RPM sensor at all.

Some scripts need RPM data so ...
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by gtvmanu.

More
2 years 5 months ago #52553 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
Brings back memories of working on Mercedes Fintails.

50 % of the cars I work on are carburated or with Kjetronic, some Spica or KugelFisher injection so there is no RPM sensor at all.

Some scripts need RPM data so ...

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #52616 by wowcoop
Replied by wowcoop on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
So... I bought a MT-PRO 8 channel scope, and an in cylinder PSI Transducer from Rotkee (haven't used it on the MT-PRO yet sorry), along with the Rotke pressure Delta sensor. I bought them in the beginning of the summer along with the mixer test leads for ignition and injectors.
The process of buying these things from The Ukraine was a bit complicated and albeit scary, but following Rotkee's directions using Wise money exchange etc... worked and I got my items in around a months time with no issues. All and all the cost was under $600.00 for everything which also included a number of their test leads and back-pinning probes. As far as I can tell a similar setup from Pico would be 10 times the cost..... I love Pico's software but as a dealer line tech It's just not in the cards..
I am relatively rusty at scoping as I stopped using my Fluke Labscope around 15 years ago (long story) but I have to say the Rotkee software in English is very intuitive...
Particularly interesting is the ability to scope injectors and ignition coils at the same time in sequence with the mixer cables, you vcan get both ignition and injector patterns in parade format with a separate synch, and use their analyzer app with rpm calculated for you... Amazing!
Please forgive me if the following jpegs don't work I will try to figure out how to post them if they fail..
Also I share everybody's sentiments in regards to a stand alone scope like a Vantage/modis and a P/C based scope, if you are working flat rate like me breaking out a P/C based scope in the work day with shop bay space etc is really a rabbit hole situation... set that stuff up and POOF time just evaporates into thin air like a bad A/C leak..

ok here goes... Ignition parade

Injectors on parade with a ruler just for kicks

Rotkee In cylinder on a Snap-on Modis

rotkee Delta sensor cranking (i think)

and finally a second ignition at 5krpm with fuel cut
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by wowcoop. Reason: wrong atachments and spelling

More
2 years 4 months ago #52693 by scott.tucker
Replied by scott.tucker on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
I got my rotkee PS 16 in the mail the other day , well actually laying in the yard next to the mailbox but that's another story, I don't think the mail lady likes me much,and trying to hook it up to my autel ultra. The autel ultra is amazing diagnostic tool big upgrade tech 2 and auto x-ray, and has helped me a lot, maybe too much, if I hook up a probe it will show me exactly how to do it and set the oscilloscope up for me, but my problem is now I don't know how to set the right voltage or time for the PS 16. I have one lead connected to number one spark plug and other lead to PS 16, in number one spark plug hole, I am seeing spark voltage but it seems that my PS 16 is showing over two pages so clearly my time needs to be slower but I'm unsure if I should do volts division or exactly what values I should ask it to look for. I'm old so y'all have mercy on me. My last oscilloscope was a sunscope that was bought in '85 that died about 10 years ago, I'm not computer illiterate just slow, any help Will be greatly appreciated.

Hope this post makes a little sense

More
2 years 4 months ago #52700 by juergen.scholl
Scott,

having a look at the sensor's characteristics the output voltage Is from 0 to 5 volts.

Time base depends on wether you want to see detail or repeatiing events, rpm...... At 800 rpm one complete engine cycle takes close to 150 ms, depending on the zoom capabilities of the autel you should be good with any time from 200 ms to 2seconds total screen time. While cranking the complete cycle will be somewhere around 500 to 600 Ms, so just may want to adjust to 5 seconds screen time.

More
2 years 4 months ago #52702 by scott.tucker
Thanks, I'll try that I think I have my time set-up on 5 volts and 20uS,micro second's,, I think by the way I understand you I have time too slow,,,or to fast?

More
2 years 4 months ago #52703 by juergen.scholl
Your time base is much too fast, you need to put more time on the screen. Choose something from 20 MILIseconds to 200 MILIseconds per division and you'll be good to go.

More
2 years 4 months ago #52806 by scott.tucker
I like my Rotkee PS 16 so much' after y'all helped me out with it' Thanks y'all. I'm about to order a Mt pro oscilloscope, now that I see it has an English version,hope it works out as well as the PS 16 did, you think I should order some of their leads to go with it. Anything else y'all recommend before I order

More
2 years 4 months ago #52807 by scott.tucker
I like my Rotkee PS 16 so much' after y'all helped me out with it' Thanks y'all. I'm about to order a Mt pro oscilloscope, now that I see it has an English version,hope it works out as well as the PS 16 did, you think I should order some of their leads to go with it. Anything else y'all recommend before I order

More
2 years 2 months ago #53905 by JoesAutoElectric
Replied by JoesAutoElectric on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
I know I'm late to the party on this post, but I have a question. Can someone who has this scope possibly do a review video on it?

"The man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it."

More
2 years 2 months ago #54263 by gtvmanu
Hello,

Does anybody have some recent news from rotkee ?

They do not answer to my mails since somes weeks, maybe the geopolitical context ?

Regards.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54264 by Wightscope
Replied by Wightscope on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
I ordered a bunch of stuff just before xmas delivered within a couple of weeks (UK)

Asked a question about the v:kv on the clip on secondary and he was straight back to me - that was last week.

Love their stuff, quality is great, I have even asked about holding stock and representing them in the UK, which would be cool as the product is all there just the ordering is scary !

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #55237 by stevieturbo
Replied by stevieturbo on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
I'd say it might be a while before they're back up and selling again with what's going on over there.

More
1 year 10 months ago #56460 by stevieturbo
Replied by stevieturbo on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
Just bumping to see how people are getting on with theirs ?

And has anyone found out how to filter the scope traces ?

More
1 year 10 months ago #56524 by Wightscope
Replied by Wightscope on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
Just to say I heard from Eugene at Rotkee recently and they are back in production for most of their stuff (not the scopes at the moment), they have some material stock that will let them keep going even with supply issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds