P0300, Low Power

• Chad
  • Chad's Avatar Topic Author
  • I am not a parts changer.
More
3 years 4 months ago #45392 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic P0300, Low Power
Here is the "After Cam/Crank Relearn" file.

drive.google.com/file/d/1zwZFPmKqsfDFVH3...rlR/view?usp=sharing

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45393 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0300, Low Power

Chad wrote: [I thought I knew where this one was going, but ended up clueless. :(

And here I was thinking that you'd already fixed it! :lol: I'm right there with ya. I dunno that I could have called a timing set. Five degrees doesn't add up to a cam tooth, and doesn't necessarily suggest a stretched chain, IMO.

I reached out to Weycraze, as he has steered me in the right direction a couple of times before. He recommended taking a frequency of the crankshaft to see if we could see a Bank-to-Bank contribution difference. A great idea! I used the CKP/Misfire function of the eScope to plot crank frequency, with the cylinders labeled. However, the results leave me more confused about what is going on than before.(on a side note, the ATS CKP/misfire function is awesome!)

I was figuring out how to do exactly that when you posted. Couldn't make it work the way I wanted. :( Definitely feels like I'm wandering around in the eScope software. Part of the learning curve, I guess.

The Crank Frequency doesn't look pretty.

Truth. I'm not super familiar with these frequency plots, but it definitely looks like the trace usually peaks out around 6-1-2, and bottoms around 3-4-5. I'm sure that means... something? :silly: Again, I'd probably be able to make something of this if I looked at these more often.

I, finally, decided to perform a Cam/Crank relearn, clear codes, and go for a long test drive to get a fresh look at mode 6.

Any evidence of battery disconnects or recent repairs? :huh:

More
3 years 4 months ago #45399 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic P0300, Low Power
I'd like to see a higher resolution CKP capture. Preferably with the Pico because I'm also struggling with that escope software.

• Chad
  • Chad's Avatar Topic Author
  • I am not a parts changer.
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45405 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic P0300, Low Power

And here I was thinking that you'd already fixed it!

Sorry to be misleading. I wanted to get opinions, without disclosing mine. We all seem to be in the same thought process, and are seeing the same things.

I was figuring out how to do exactly that when you posted. Couldn't make it work the way I wanted.

You can plot the frequency of ANY channel, after the data has been saved. But, to use the CKP/Misfire function, Channels 1(Yellow) and 2 (Red) have to be on the CKP and trigger, respectively. The Function must record LIVE data. I don't think you can apply it to a saved file. :unsure: There is a BIG difference between, simply, plotting the Crank Frequency (which Pico can do, too), and Using the CKP/Misfire function. The difference is that the CKP/Misfire function fills in the Sync Notch. Plotting Frequency does not.

This is a simple frequency plot of the Crank. The sync notch looks like a huge drop.

The sync notch makes reading the pattern a pain in the @ss.

The CKP/Misfire Function fills in the sync notch, and makes it much easier to see/read (although this one is ugly) . It's things like this that make the eScope shine.

:( Definitely feels like I'm wandering around in the eScope software. Part of the learning curve, I guess.

I'm also struggling with that escope software.

Yeah, it's awkward, at first. But, the more I use it, the more I like it. I have been using it more than the Pico.

Any evidence of battery disconnects or recent repairs?

No. This vehicle belongs to a good, long-time customer. Any past repairs would have been done by us.

I'd like to see a higher resolution CKP capture. Preferably with the Pico

Since the damn thing was running/driving perfectly today, I gave it back to the customer. I, kind of, expect it to return, though. :unsure: If it comes back, I'll capture with the Pico. Have you tried the "Smooth Data" function?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Chad.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45407 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic P0300, Low Power

Chad wrote:

I'd like to see a higher resolution CKP capture. Preferably with the Pico

Since the damn thing was running/driving perfectly today, I gave it back to the customer. I, kind of, expect it to return, though. :unsure: If it comes back, I'll capture with the Pico. Have you tried the "Smooth Data" function?

Didn't know there was a "Smooth Data" function. And if I'd found it it's not something I would have tried TBH. The unfiltered 125 kS/s trace looks a little "rough" IMO so I'd be looking for a higher sample rate unfiltered waveform.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds