A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Budget scope with long term recording?

More
2 years 6 months ago #51803 by Desmond6004
My 10 year old tablet tells me I have 2 1/2 hours of recording time in automotive mode. I'm busy setting up a USB power supply in a case to keep it all going.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51853 by Desmond6004
Monday morning and it's quiet at work which gave me some time to set it up. The data logger will come in useful
for long recordings monitoring charge rate or current draw. In the automotive module I can get about 2 1/2 hours
recording time but my voltage is stuck at 5v? I have to use the 10X function of the probe to keep it on 
the scale and then it's not very accurate. How do you get a 12v scale?

More
2 years 6 months ago #51855 by Desmond6004
Ok, I worked it out. use a 10X setting on the probe and then set probe to "10X" on the screen - duh!
Now I have up to 50v.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51866 by Grouchyoldman
I tried on my tablet to setup another power supply but it just kept drawing the power from the tablet. Let me know if you get it figured out because I could use it to.

Set your Rate up to get a better capture, THIS WILL LESSON THE RECORD LIMIT. Go to the app store and find hscope, scroll down a bit, it should ask some where if you want to become a beta test. Sign up, its free and he just released another new update today, which you won't get for a while if you are not.

Did you go into the probes and hit the cloud button? These are all for you if you want. Being able to  program your custom probes and choose them off of a drop down, then displaying it in format you want is way cool.

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Grouchyoldman. Reason: Added to content rather than opening another window.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51869 by Desmond6004
With  the red USB of the Hantek plugged into a phone charger and the other one plugged into my tablet it ran
most of yesterday morning and dropped to 25% after lunch set to record long term. When it isn't plugged into
the charger it drops 10% in a few minutes so I'd say the charger was supplying the Hantek when I had it connected.
I went through the probe downloads last night - looks like some useful stuff there :)

More
2 years 6 months ago #51871 by Grouchyoldman
I didn't get any cables with mine. Can you show me the cable? Is it the USBx1 port?

More
2 years 6 months ago #51872 by Desmond6004
Bottom left of this image.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51873 by Desmond6004
I see my uncle 'Ali' has the cables for sale :)

More
2 years 6 months ago #51906 by Desmond6004
This morning I plugged it into my 20 a/h 'brick' that I received yesterday and after it running for an hour
the tablet showed 73% and the brick was still at 100%.
I unplugged the scope and plugged the tablet directly into the brick and it took 1 1/4 hours to charge the tablet up
again to 100% [with it still switched on] and the brick showed 99%.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds