A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

New buisness owner alldata subscription

More
2 years 4 months ago #52506 by gtvmanu
Replied by gtvmanu on topic Scantool Reviews
Looking for informations on Texa with supercars option, if some one got it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #53538 by fluxcore
Replied by fluxcore on topic Scantool Reviews
the launch x43 pro3s+hdlll, diesel & gas . all it the vehicles it could impress me

More
1 year 9 months ago #56813 by 209man
Replied by 209man on topic Scantool Reviews
yes i have recently purchased the Zurich pro and its amazing for the price. Does a lot of testing and advanced diagnostics. I think its money well worth spent.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57192 by 29x
Replied by 29x on topic Scantool Reviews
Hi everyone I’m a DIY guy, and new to scan tools, and this channel. I’m always on YouTube watching Scanner Danner and bought his book to learn more about trouble shooting todays cars. That being said I am looking to get a bidirectional scan tool along with some guidance on witch one to get, this will be for my personal use and to help friends and family and maybe some side money along the way. I’m looking to spend around 1k give or take a few hundred. I saw Scanner Danner review the Topdon Phinex I think, and was waiting for more use age of the tool but not seeing it.The market is flooded with these tools making it difficult to to choose one, especially a good reliable one that won’t break the bank like the snap on tool. Any information would be deeply appreciated. Also when you have to pay for updates is this to update the tool to continue to use it or is it to be able to work on newer cars and how often do you have to do these updates a year? I want to thank you all for your guidance.
Art

More
1 year 8 months ago #57196 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Scantool Reviews

Hi everyone I’m a DIY guy, and new to scan tools, and this channel. I’m always on YouTube watching Scanner Danner and bought his book to learn more about trouble shooting todays cars. That being said I am looking to get a bidirectional scan tool along with some guidance on witch one to get, this will be for my personal use and to help friends and family and maybe some side money along the way. I’m looking to spend around 1k give or take a few hundred. I saw Scanner Danner review the Topdon Phinex I think, and was waiting for more use age of the tool but not seeing it.The market is flooded with these tools making it difficult to to choose one, especially a good reliable one that won’t break the bank like the snap on tool. Any information would be deeply appreciated. Also when you have to pay for updates is this to update the tool to continue to use it or is it to be able to work on newer cars and how often do you have to do these updates a year? I want to thank you all for your guidance.
Art

As s DIY guy are likely to have only a limited number of car manufacturers to cover. In this situation the Autel AP200 which works through a phone app might be the best low budget solution.The dongle comes with free software for one manufacturer. To cover each additional manufacturer you have to pay a small annual fee.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
1 year 8 months ago #57206 by 29x
Replied by 29x on topic Scantool Reviews
Thank you guys but I’m looking for something a little more than that, looking for something with bidirectional controls.
Thank you again

More
1 year 8 months ago #57222 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Scantool Reviews
AP200 is more powerful than you think
What tools it gives you depends a lot on the vehicle manufacturer you have loaded but it will do injector calibration, EBS, steering angle calibration, abs bleeding and a whole lot more

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 6 months ago #58303 by AUTOTECHBMW
Replied by AUTOTECHBMW on topic Scantool Reviews
I am going on year 3 maybe 4 of the Autel MS906bt. I have kept it updated all these years. Not going to lie its performance is pretty bad in todays time but the functionality is still prime and they keep adding more features with every manufacturer update. I mainly do BMW and Mini so I do not have experience with domestic but I do a bit of other European an some Japanese and I am totally happy with it. Battery life feels like it has never changed for better or worse, I get maybe 2 or 3 hours of screen on time. I plan on upgrading to whatever Autel puts out with a small VCI, I cannot stand what they did with the Ultra by giving it that massive scope/jbox/toaster oven attachment. I already have 3 scopes in the arsenal and plenty of factory tools on a laptop. The Autel is amazing for speed. If you really need to fill in the gap, only factory tools have come close. Snap On Verus does not come close.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58362 by manelishi
Replied by manelishi on topic Scantool Reviews
Sounds like my situation, I got an Autel mp808 which was about the cheapest name brand new with bi directional. Been using it for roughly a year now and it does everything I have needed plus some. The snap on interfaces might be more user friendly but like with anything you get used to its menus. Also the updates are for new updates on model specific applications and new model years , there are a few firmware updates but it in no way keeps the tool from working. Global obd would still work on newer years regardless of the updates. Autel gives you a year worth of updates after that you can subscribe or keep using the scanner with global and still have the make specific programs as far up to your last update . Im not worried at the moment for 2023 model year updates, be a while before I see any of them

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #58863 by steve.justins
Replied by steve.justins on topic Scantool Reviews
I bought diesel diagnostic laptop from here last year never had an issue, its priced reasonably as well. mine came with the aftermarket adapter which works up to 2016, am going to buy the one with original nexiq next time as it works on newer trucks . check them out dieseldiagnosticdeals.com/shop
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by steve.justins.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59239 by Mobilemechanics
So recently started my own business and went with an alldata sub scan tool($180/mo) figuring it would be cheaper than dealing with multiple software subscriptions and initial cost and I'm in for a year. I'm wondering if anyone else has used their tool and found a different tool to be a better value or just better in general

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 3 months ago #59241 by Noah
I would appreciate it if you would share your experience with it once you have had some time behind the wheel. I've always kind of wondered if it was any good. I have never seen or heard of any one using it.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 3 months ago #59299 by Mobilemechanics
I haven't been impressed had it for about 3 months.

More
1 year 2 months ago #59671 by Mobilemechanics

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 2 months ago #59685 by Noah

It's trash
Ah, oh well then. Thanks for your honest opinion.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #61702 by Mechanic 350
Replied by Mechanic 350 on topic Scantool Reviews
I just recently purchased the verus edge. It’s a great scan/scope tool. I’m not even a mechanic but only a hobbyist but I felt I needed to spend the money. Taking Paul’s classes on the verus. I was trying to locate fuel trims but couldn’t find it. I guess I have to be more familiar with the tool. So far, I’m glad I spent the money. It’s a great tool.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #63399 by Mechanic 350
Hey, can you tell me what this mean?
AF FB (short term fuel trim)
AF FB AVE (long term fuel trim)
The FB and the FB AVE.  Thanks Noah.  I have negative fuel trims all the time
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Mechanic 350.

More
2 months 1 week ago #64269 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Scantool Reviews
For fuel trims, I usually find myself going under global OBD2 sections of my scan tools, rather than the manufacturer enhanced data modes. They may call it something else or use the data in an unfamiliar way for me, with substituted data possibly in some cases.

See if you can find STFT or LTFT that way, since it should be more familiar and substituted values are not able to be used there.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds