A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Re:Re:Re:APT-100 Pressure Transducer

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #60571 by Tyler

Well it showed up yesterday! Without a battery.... so I jumped on Amazon to order a button less 18650 because my regular 18650s didn't fit (who knew there were different length 18650s....) anyway it theyvarrived today so straight to the charger it goes!

Ah yeah, it's like Juergen said with battery shipping. For anyone else considering an APT-100, I bought this set on Amazon:

www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ8Y89F

In the mean time I looked at the hose and decided it did in fact need drilled out so into the lath to get a nice centered drill hole and about 3/4 inch in the brass fitting broke off.... soooo time to replace the stupid coupler they come with and switch to automotive style..

:lol: Figures.

I'll let you know how that goes when I get there. BTW did you need any special fittings to connect air coupler?

I'll see if I can figure out which fitting I used... Stole it out of my oil pressure test set.

EDIT: Pretty sure that's a 3/8-18 NPT male to 1/8-27 NPT female fitting.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Tyler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60731 by Ben
Haven't had a chance to use it yet, I did get it changed to some nice high flow connectors though. I've been working on a tailpipe adapter without much luck, im looking to do something like ATS tailpipe venturi but apparently that is harder to design without seeing the insides of 1 then I guessed because my test today was a fail

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60788 by Tyler

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, I did get it changed to some nice high flow connectors though. I've been working on a tailpipe adapter without much luck, im looking to do something like ATS tailpipe venturi but apparently that is harder to design without seeing the insides of 1 then I guessed because my test today was a fail

The tailpipe venturi from the E-Misfire kit? Never thought about trying to duplicate that. :huh: I was thinking about trying to do something like the Jarhead Diagnostics exhaust adapter for pressure pulse sensors:

www.jarheaddiag.com/shop/p/jarhead-diagnostics-exhaust-hose

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60790 by Ben
Yup that's the 1, the idea behind it is you only get the pulse from the drawback of air after the misfire with little to no noise from the rest of the pulses, I did make 1 of the spring hoses last year but I've never cared for the tailpipe pulse sensor with engine running (I haven't messed with it enough to be able tpnspot it quickly)

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60802 by Matt T

I've been working on a tailpipe adapter without much luck, im looking to do something like ATS tailpipe venturi but apparently that is harder to design without seeing the insides of 1 then I guessed because my test today was a fail

The patents will help you copy it :lol: I've attached the first one. There are two more but they don't add much besides a screen for laminar flow.

Judging by the "prior art" Bernie had to invent this thing because he couldn't figure out how to use a piezo :lol: :silly: :lol:

I did make 1 of the spring hoses last year but I've never cared for the tailpipe pulse sensor with engine running

My piezo did a lot better sitting on the ground instead of hanging off the tailpipe. 1/4" brake line and 3/16" thinwall rubber tubing. IIRC Chad uses a mic stand for his B)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
1 year 1 week ago #60929 by Tyler
Matt digging up patent documents. :blink: :woohoo:

APT made quick work of a 5.7L Hemi with a suspected worn intake cam lobe. Misfiring cylinder in red, known good cylinder in blue/teal/whatever:

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 1 week ago #60935 by Noah

Matt digging up patent documents. :blink: :woohoo:

APT made quick work of a 5.7L Hemi with a suspected worn intake cam lobe. Misfiring cylinder in red, known good cylinder in blue/teal/whatever:

Cylinder #2?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 1 week ago #60939 by Tyler
Red was #4, teal was #6.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 1 week ago #60948 by Noah
Ive got a run of Hemi engine problems, always on #2. Must just be the ones I see, lol.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds