Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Mercedes G500 ac fans are not working

More
6 years 6 months ago #12606 by KEVIN777
Anyone have a wiring diagram for ac condenser fan 2003 Mercedes G500?
ac Freon fully charged compressor works ac fans are not operational however i can send a command with star diagnostic and fans would come on .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #12627 by Gjauto
Looks like you got two fuses, f2 and f32. If I'm looking at the diagram right.
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #12628 by Gjauto
I don't even know if that's the aux fan, it was labeled electric fan under engine controls.

here is a bit of an identifix article hope it helps

Vehicle Application:
2002 G500 5.0
2003 G500 5.0
2003 G55 AMG 5.5

Customer Concern: Condenser fan not coming on. A/C pressures on the high side max out.
Average Reported Mileage: 132000
Tests/Procedures:
1. Inspect 40 amp fuses #7 and #8 located in the driver's side of the dash.

2. With a scan tool, perform activation of cooling fans. This is done with communication to the Front Signal Activation Module (SAM).

3. If both fans are not working, test for faulty left fan relay. If only left fan works, test for faulty right fan relay. Swapping of the relays as long as they are the same part number will help in diagnosis.

4. If fans activate with the scan tool, verify that refrigerant pressure sensor is reading correctly and that the version coding of the Electronic Ignition Switch and the Signal Activation Module (SAM) is correct.
Tech Tips: The Signal Activation Module (SAM) operates the left relay. The left relay (labeled K9/1 on wiring diagrams) operates the right relay (labeled K9/2 on wiring diagrams). Relays are located above the fuse panel on the right side (front of car) of the center console. B105 Component K9 (Auxiliary fan stage 1 and 2 relay) has short circuit to ground (Series 463).

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds